But what does speaking the truth mean? To me, the truth:
- is what the speaker believes to be the honest, clear reality at the time he or she speaks it;
- is frank, open and honest;
- is not always easy to hear or to speak;
- is not spoken in a mean or mean-spirited way;
- can change during a dialogue, if the discourse is open-minded and ego-free;
- is not taken personally by the listener, although it can be challenged providing the listener is also frank, open and honest, and willing to be open-minded and ego-free.